Performs a range of basic office support for Kodiak Island Housing Authority, such as answering phones and directing calls, greeting and directing visitors, answering questions and performing routine clerical, data entry, and/or word processing work as assigned.
Incumbent should be proficient in operating standard office equipment, including computers with an emphasis on proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be proficient in performing duties in a highly organized and professional manner within a very busy office environment. Works intensively with the Housing Data System (HDS) software and RingCentral. Provides extensive and varied support to multiple department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for answering inquiries directly or directing them to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for answering all incoming phone calls, taking messages, and directing calls to appropriate personnel.
- Open and route incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to department staff.
- Process outgoing mail.
- May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
- May run various routine errands, as required, for the organization.
- May schedule or assist in scheduling appointments, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position.
- Assist Housing Manager with outgoing mail: addressing, metering, tracking/logging required mailings (HUD), and certify mail as needed.
- Responsible for typing correspondence, reports, and other miscellaneous documents as directed by management staff.
- Responsible for problem solving common tasks.
- Responsible for working professionally and effectively with internal and external partners, applicants, tenants, and participants. Responsible for providing respectful and timely customer service.
- Responsible for managing the Housing Authority Maintenance work order system; Receive requests for service from tenants or Housing staff; Generate and enter housing unit work orders into the HDS work order system; Track progress of work order and enter completed work orders.
- Assist Finance Department with time intensive administrative operations such as mailings, file creation/closing, and other tasks as directed.
- Assist Finance Department with receiving payment and posting payments.
- Responsible for promoting a safe and drug free work environment.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Administrative Assistant, Housing Director, Finance Director, Housing & Tribal Operations Officer, or Executive Director.
- Use RingCentral and Text Line to manage communications from applicants, the public, and tenants.