This position is detail oriented, process driven, and deadline intensive. Incumbent assists Finance department with all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, loan servicing, loan payments, small procurements, and performs any other data entry tasks assigned. The position includes other accounting duties as well. Support Finance Director with research, projects, and administrative tasks.
This position supports the Finance Department as directed by the Finance Director.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for Loan Servicing: Setting up new loan files, servicing files, posting payment and escrows, Performs under the direction of the Finance Director and in accordance with KIHA and investor policy and procedures.
- Assist with all Accounts Payable (AP) Functions: Responsible for utilizing Accufund for AP functions; Process and file payments when appropriate approvals are received; Data entry.
- Assist Procurement Officer with small purchase procurements in accordance with 2 CFR 200 and KIHA Policy and Procedures.
- Assist Procurement Officer with maintaining updated catalogs and specification sheets for materials ordered on regular basis.
- Assist Procurement Officer with maintaining accurate inventory.
- Assist with Accounts Receivables (A/R) when needed.
- Prepare and process daily bank deposits and enter in the Check Register.
- Responsible for properly entering monthly Rental Assistance Program (RAP) and Student Rental Assistance Program (SRAP) A/P.
- Assist Finance department with file audits, annual file close out, annual file creation, and other audit preparations.
- Responsible for providing Senior Accountant back-up for Payroll: Complete semi-monthly payroll and distribute reports and checks.
- Assist with Loan Collections as directed by Senior Accountant in accordance with Fair Lending Practices and applicable KIHA and Investor policy and procedure.
- Assist Management team with prepping for staff training, board meetings, events, etc.
- Responsible for problem solving common tasks through use of designated policies and procedures.
- Responsible for working professionally and effectively with internal and external partners, applicants, tenants, and participants; Ensure respectful and timely customer service.
- Responsible for promoting a safe and drug free work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Director or Executive Director.