Incumbent must be able to perform two roles simultaneously, that of the receptionist to the Kodiak Island Housing Authority’s clients and secretary to management staff. Incumbent assists clients over the telephone and via email in a manner that is helpful and courteous.
Incumbent should be proficient in operating standard office equipment, including computers with an emphasis on proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Incumbent should be able to manage and update KIHA’s website. Must be proficient in performing duties in a highly organized and professional manner within a very busy office environment. Works intensively with the Housing Data System (HDS) software and RingCentral. Provides extensive and varied support to multiple staff.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for answering inquiries directly or directing them to appropriate personnel. Responsible for answering all incoming phone calls, taking messages, and directing calls to appropriate personnel.
- Assist Housing Manager with outgoing mail: addressing, metering, tracking/logging required mailings (HUD), and certify mail as needed.
- Responsible for typing correspondence, reports, and other miscellaneous documents as directed by management staff.
- Responsible for problem solving common tasks.
- Responsible for working professionally and effectively with internal and external partners, applicants, tenants, and participants. Responsible for providing respectful and timely customer service.
- Responsible for managing the Housing Authority Maintenance work order system; Receive requests for service from tenants or Housing staff; Generate and enter housing unit work orders into the HDS work order system; Track progress of work order and enter completed work orders.
- Assist Finance Department with time intensive administrative operations such as mailings, file creation/closing, and other tasks as directed.
- Manage the KIHA Instagram Account.
- Assist Executive Administrative Assistant with updating the staff calendar and sending out a weekly staff email.
- Responsible for promoting a safe and drug free work environment.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Administrative Assistant, Housing Director, Finance Director, or Executive Director.
- Use RingCentral and Text Line to manage communications from applicants, the public, and tenants.
- Must be highly organized individual capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Must have professional telephone etiquette and be capable of dealing with complaints or emergencies in a calm and considerate manner.
- Must have three years of secretarial experience with high level of proficiency with computers.
- Ability to use correct English, spell correctly, and perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with clients and co-workers. Must possess a team-oriented attitude.
- Minimum education; high school diploma.
- Must be able to type 40 wpm minimum.
The successful candidate will have…
- This position works closely with all departments and staff and is a critical communication link.
- This position is the face and voice of the organization as it relates to the public, applicants, tenants, and program participants. Must develop and maintain friendly professional relations with all.
- Work closely with maintenance to ensure prompt, prioritized response to customer maintenance needs.
Kodiak Island Housing Authority is an Equal Housing Opportunity Employer. This position is subject to the Alaska Native/American Indian employment preference under Section 7(b) of the Native American/Alaska Native Housing and Self-Determination Act, and Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 (12 U.S. C. 1701U) and Regulations in 24 CFR part 135.
- Status: Non-exempt
- Salary Range: $29,299-39,640 DOE
- Benefits: Full fringe benefits