Incumbent is responsible for conducting initial and ongoing Family Self Sufficiency Assessments and implementation of KIHA’s FSS Program activities and educational opportunities. Position requires working with residents impacted by socio-economic risk factors and welfare to work reform. Extensive community collaboration and partnering is an essential component of KIHA’s resident programs. Position requires working extensively with individual of all ages, cultures and lifestyles who are residents of KIHA’s housing programs both in-town and in the rural villages on Kodiak. The ability to work with minimal supervision and to work effectively and establish a positive rapport with KIHA residents, staff, and community members is mandatory.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible to conduct professional and comprehensive initial and ongoing self-sufficiency assessments for participant household; responsible to engage participants in a courteous, respectful, and participatory manner.
- Responsible to maintain accurate and comprehensive records of assessment and maintain the confidentiality of discussions and records.
- Responsible to consolidate and aggregate self sufficiency data into micro (Household) and macro (community/ demographic) reports.
- Responsible to secure appropriate household permissions to share information (Request for Information-ROIs) with appropriate entitlement and support agencies and organizations.
- Responsible to ensure participant households are referred and connected to all entitlement and support programs available to mitigate identified risk factors and barriers to Self-sufficiency.
- Responsible to work professionally and effectively with internal and external partners, applicants, tenants, and participants; Ensure respectful and timely customer service.
- Ensure safe and healthy worksites for participants; Ensure cleanliness of worksite.
- Responsible for implementing NAHASDA welfare to work required Self-Sufficiency Program activities for participants; Responsible to implement in accordance with Operations manual and FSS binder.
- Responsible for developing functional relationships with NAHASDA program participants to maximize effectiveness of self-sufficiency and family development activities.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining regular participant relationship building activities that mitigate resident barriers to self-sufficiency or ability to engage with the community.
- Responsible for providing outreach and recruiting resident participation in family or SSP activities.
- Responsible for providing or instructing a variety of self-sufficiency and quality of life skills weekly workshops such as budgeting, time management, parenting, as needed or required. Coordinate and collaborate with other community educational resources.
- Ensure Tenants and participants are afforded transportation assistance in accordance with welfare to work requirements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships with other social services programs in the community.
- Responsible for exercising judgement in resolving problems in resident service and support programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Service Program Manager or Housing & Tribal Operations Officer.