The Janitorial/Custodian is responsible for site specific service delivery for the cleaning, upkeep and sanitation of all buildings and offices owned and operated by the Kodiak Island Housing Authority (KIHA). This position is responsible for cleaning all public and private bathrooms on each site, cleaning and maintaining all common areas to include laundry areas, kitchens, Hallways, entry ways and conference/gathering spaces, removing trash from receptacles, and removing litter and debris from the building grounds and outside the Main Office Building. This position is responsible for assuring that all offices and common areas are maintained in decent, safe and sanitary conditions. In addition, the Janitor/Custodian will clean vacant units as directed. The Janitorial/Custodian reports directly to the Facilities Supervisor.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for following cleaning routine and schedules as set by the supervisor.
- Responsible for sweeping and mopping of floors and vacuuming carpets.
- Responsible for washing or wiping down walls and windows as needed or directed.
- Responsible for assuring space preparation by removing trash, arranging furniture and wiping down surfaces.
- Responsible to preform bi-weekly cleaning of bathroom facilities, kitchens and laundry areas.
- Ensure that any repairs noticed during cleaning duties are reported to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Identify appropriate cleaning materials and products to sanitize area, disinfect and deodorize.
- Responsible for emptying trash receptacles and appropriately disposing of trash, to include exterior receptacles and cigarette bins.
- Responsible to remove trash/debris from the immediate perimeter of apartment buildings and the Main Office Building.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies in washrooms, such as hand soap, paper towels and toilet paper.
- Work as part of a team to carry out task and ensure standards are maintained.
- Interact with other KIHA staff and KIHA tenants in a professional and customer-oriented manner.
- Utilize proper training to clean up potentially hazardous materials or contact the appropriate authorities to handle such incidents.
- Responsible for cleaning vacant units to a specific standard as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.