This position entails responsibility for all aspects of budgeting, accounting, debt and investment management of the Housing Authority.
The incumbent is required to ensure that all records of financial activities are maintained in accordance with prescribed regulations by the Department of Housing and Urban Development and that all financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) as prescribed by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
Incumbent supervises and oversees the Finance Department, handles asset management, insurance, and employee benefits.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for Finance department role in operationalizing and implementing the mission of the BOC through programs and activities of the organization.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger and all subsidiary accounts and that all entries are correctly and timely posted.
- Responsible for reconciling Tenant payment data in HDS with General Ledger.
- Responsible for the preparation, accurate and timely submission of all financial statements, budgets and other fiscal reports, all inclusive of the Department of Housing and Urban Development requirements pursuant to NAHASDA and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring annual project and program operating budgets; Provide budget reports for planning, monitoring, IHP, and administration; Provide budget reports for board planning and review.
- Ensure that organization remains in compliance with applicable Financial and Lending laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the analysis of cash requirements, payment of invoices and investment of excess funds; Responsible to research and recommend investments in accordance with KIHA investment policy.
- Ensure Accounts Payable (A/P) functions are properly implemented and reviewed. Responsible for overseeing Accufund software utilization.
- Ensure Accounts Receivable (A/R) functions are properly implemented and reviewed.
- Responsible for overseeing annual organization audit; liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the BOC; assess any changes necessary.
- Ensure department follows and implements all necessary fraud protection and financial data protection measures.
- Responsible for all aspects of Finance Department staff supervision; Monitor work activity and productivity; Ensure adherence to KIHA policy and procedures; Ensure staff have sufficient skills and experience to perform assigned work; perform annual evaluations; execute disciplinary policy as directed by Employee manual.
- Ensure staff work professionally and effectively with internal and external partners, applicants, tenants, and participants; Ensure respectful and timely customer service.
- Responsible for oversight of administrative staff assigned finance duties and responsibilities. Responsible for training and mentoring staff to ensure key duties are covered during absences. Ensure the proper training, utilization, and operation of all financial software by staff.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all personnel records and the record keeping of accrued and applied leave.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all payroll records, issuance of payroll checks, reporting and remitting of retirement benefits and workers compensation, and submission of required quarterly and yearly tax reports.
- Responsible to exercise judgement in resolving problems in the Finance Department.
- Responsible for promoting a safe and drug free work environment.
- Other assignment as directed by the Executive Director.