This position provides services for skilled work at the journeyman level in construction including all phases of wood frame construction and all aspects of interior remodel as well as new construction.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools.
- Performs weatherization improvements and repairs, including but not limited to attic space ventilation, baffling and insulating, removal and replacement of single pane windows with thermo pane units, wall insulation, air sealing and vapor barrier upgrades, insulated door units, weather-stripping of doors, flashing, and rot repair.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Performs interior and exterior remodeling which may include painting, drywall, and detail/ finish carpentry.
- Repair or replace metal or shingle roofing systems including fascia, soffits, and gutters/downspouts.
- Build or repairs decks, landings, and stairs.
- Remove and install or overlay insulated vinyl siding and other siding systems.
- Assess and document deficiencies in homes or buildings (i.e. foundations, decks, windows/doors, flooring, etc.) and generate a work and material list.
- Performs manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials, supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces or multiple story heights as required.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Performs other related work as assigned.